2015 AA Youth Retreat follow-up and more
본문
설교자
Tom Humphreys
분류
날짜
2015-02-21
Greetings Parents,
Thanks for your great support of the students in these most recent days.  I would like to share a few updates with you.
  • KBC had strong attendance at the AA United Retreat; I believe that more than 60 youth attended and about 100 people total.  I do want to thank the parents who attended and who drove vehicles.  I believe that it was a very helpful and positive weekend.  Thanks so much for your prayers!!  I do think it important to say this:  in the supportive and caring retreat atmosphere, several youth from AA churches were very honest and candid in their testimonies talking and praying about 'real life concerns'.  Honestly,when I returned home I found it quite helpful to 'process' some of these powerful stories with Debi... and I am no teenager. So I just want to say that the time may come when your teenager would want to process with you or another some of the stories they heard at retreat.  It is best that this be done in both honest and confidential manner.  I am grateful for Mrs. Woonkyung Wone who attended retreat; should you have any questions I'm confident she can help explain.  I thought it was an excellent retreat.  Last Sunday in EM we spent the entire time discussing, reflecting and praying.     
  • Second, we have started our Foundations 2015 class.  This is both a discipleship class and a preparation for baptism for those who choose.  If additional students would like to join, they may still do so this coming Sunday, Feb. 22 at 10 a.m.  We will continue meeting into Spring 2015; both middle and high school students are invited.
  • Once again this Spring (April 12) EM will travel to Flint Unity Church in Clio, MI to lead in their Morning Worship service.  We will begin instrumental practice soon.
  • Finally, I have attached a student prayer list and ask that you be praying for our students in the days leading up to Easter celebration, April 5.  I must tell you that it is such a privilege to work with these students.  Your prayers for them as we prepare for the Easter season will be a blessing to all.

Covenant Prayer List for Easter 2015

EM Students at Korean Bible Church.  May we covenant together to lift students up in prayer during the season leading up to Easter (April 5, 2015).

An example in prayer: 

12 Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.13 I vouch for him that he is working hard for you… Colossians 4.12-13a. 

Gratefully,
Pastor Tom

hyunsookki… 15-02-27 22:25

위의 글은 Tom목사님께서 보내시는 메일을 올려놨습니다.
늘 인자한 모습의 Tom목사님은 주일 아침이면 youth group학생들을 위해 손수 준비한 브런치를
 세팅해놓고 아이들을 맞이합니다.
아이들이 학교에서 연주회가 있거나 운동 경기가 있다는 소식을 들으시면 어김없이 오셔서 함께
해주십니다. 아이들과 함께하고 관심가져 주시는 목사님께 늘 감사드립니다
주제선택:
  • 제목This weekend!
  • 본문
  • 설교자 Tom Humphreys